Job Title: Female Support Worker
Contracted Hours: 39hrs and 30hrs
Shift pattern: Flexible shift patterns including mornings, evenings, weekends, bank holidays, waking nights and/or sleep ins
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Location: Weston-on-Trent, Derby
Driving License: Essential
Are you passionate about providing high standards of support?
If you have a desire to empower people with a learning disability to be in control of their own lives, we would love to hear from you.
What does the role look like?
People with a learning disability are at the centre of everything we do. Thera is a charitable group of companies which support people with a diverse range of needs.
As part of our team in Thera East Midlands, you will enable people to live safely and independently in their own homes and make the most of opportunities in the local community.
Your duties will include:
• Improving quality of life for the people we support
• Supporting with all aspects of daily living including shopping, preparing meals, socialising, and going on holiday
• Working with families and other people who are important to the people we support
• Personal care including washing and bathing
Why work for us?
At Thera East Midlands we love to recognise and reward the hard work of our team, including:
• Cash vouchers or hamper prizes for Team and Employee of the Month
• Awards for employee recognition scheme to recognise good work
• Celebrate with us at our annual staff awards ceremony
• Join our Employee Council - get your voice heard and help us shape the future of Thera East Midlands
We really care about all of our staff and want each and every one of you to have a great day, every day. Thera offer a range of great benefits including:
• 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
• Employee support line to support you and your family
• Continuous on the job training is provided
• Contributory Pension Plan
• Occupational Maternity Pay
• NVQ Funding
• DBS paid for by Thera
• Career progression
• We also offer an employee benefits scheme, which includes:
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Access to Thousands of Retail Discounts
Do I need experience?
Quite simply - no! All training will be provided. However, you do need to be the sort of person who can take things in your stride, remain calm and be confident in dealing with sometimes difficult situations and if you do have previous experience in a similar role that is very beneficial to us.
Apply online today or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 725 6431 for more information.
Thera Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
This post is restricted to female applicants pursuant to Section 9s of the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.